Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tow Rig



One of the first things after arriving home was to see how the trailer looked behind it's purposed Tow Rig. This Bronco is the reason why we own the Shasta trailer. My father-in-law gave us this '73 Bronco two and a half years ago. He bought it new and drove as a rural route delivery truck for the U.S. Post Office for 13 years. I have replaced, repaired or rebuilt about 75 % of it and was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Working on this Bronco introduced me to E-Bay. There were Christmas cards for sale during the holidays that showed a Early Bronco pulling a Shasta trailer "with wings" in the snow. The trailer looked just like the Shasta 1400 my grandfather lived in for a short time, almost 50 years ago. I thought, hey that would be cool, so not knowing any better, I started looking for a small trailer to pull behind the Bronco. If I had only known! Who would have thought that Vintage Trailers have taken on a life of their own, were kind of hard to come by, and cost way to much. I had no idea that these little trailers have become so popular. I expected to find one in somebodies yard, that they had forgotten about. I hate to tell ya but those days are gone.